November 13, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen, I Present to You...

...the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the WORLD...The Country Teasers! Seriously! Well, I like them a lot... and my enthusiasm should transfer to everyone else right? Right? Isn't that how the internet works? It doesn't? Well...that sucks.

In all of my trawling for tunes on the aforementioned internet, lo these last six or eight months, I have yet to come across any Country Teasers stuff other than the odd compilation track. I am here to fix that. This mix is something that I threw together a couple of years ago, a caustic compilation of crunchy, callous crooning and righteous rock and roll.

Their Fall worship is on display, as are their gangsta rap influences. These are distilled, purified at least ten times, dried out and ground into a fine powder. At which point they add whiskey and make a paste out of it. They then bombard the paste with gamma radiation until it makes a sound. This sound. Is it offensive? Maybe. Have I listened to this at least a hundred times? Yes I have.

4 comments:

Spacebeer said...

I am on track 15 and totally happy with The Country Teasers. Except for track 13 which I could only listen to about half of -- little spacebeer doesn't mind her music a little noisy or rough, but too much high pitched sound makes her cry. And all the other tracks were very pleasing. Thanks Krotpong!

Mr. Krotpong said...

Ah yes, the Master P cover. It's probably the most in the red recording of a garage-type band ever put to tape. All tin, no bottom end. Sorry about that!

Mr. Krotpong said...

It's an Ice Cube cover. My apologies.

CMA said...

thanks for this. The Country Teasers ARE the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the WORLD.